Golden custard made out of eggs, milk and sugar in a microwave.
- 3/4 cup (180 gm) sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 cups (450 ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A flat round microwavable dish, 6″-7″ in diameter, at least 3″ high
How to Make Microwave Caramel Custard
- Place 1/4 cup sugar and water in dish, and cook uncovered at HI 2 minutes. Stir well then cook, uncovered, for a further 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is a dark brown. Keep aside.
- Beat eggs, cornflour, vanilla and sugar together. Add the milk in a stream, beating all the time.
- Pour mixture into the dish and cook covered, at 30% for 10-12 minutes, turning the pan half way through.
- Cool, un-mould and serve. You might have to adjust the time after trying once or twice.