A tangy rice dish made with channa and urad dals, infused with the flavor of tamarind pulp.
- 1 cup rice-cooked ‘bite-like’
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2-3 whole red chillies
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 Tbsp channa daal
- 1 Tbsp urad daal,dhuli
- 2 tsp salt
- 40 gm tamarind-made into pulp
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- Peanuts, optional
How to Make Tamarind Rice
- Heat ghee and add curry leaves, whole red chillies, asafoetida, mustard and both the daals.
- Saute till slightly colored.
- Add the rice and saute till well mixed.
- Make the tamarind pulp into 1 cup, with water and add to the rice.
- Add salt, chilli powder and sugar, bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes and serve.