This buttermilk chicken with char-grilled broccoli recipe is a lip smacking combination of flavors that will leave your guests wanting for more. Served with chilli and garlic sauce. Topped with almond flakes.
- 3 chicken legs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp red chillies
- 100 gms of broccoli
- 50 gms of almond flakes
How to Make Buttermilk Chicken with Char Grilled Broccoli
- For the buttermilk chicken:
- In a deep bowl take buttermilk, cumin powder, salt, pepper, vegetable oil, garlic and maple syrup. Mix them together to prepare the marinade.
- Dip the chicken legs in the marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper; place the chicken legs and drizzle some olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes at 200 C.
- After 30 minutes, take the tray out, drizzle some more olive oil; brush the chicken legs with maple syrup and bake for another 10 minutes.
- For the broccoli:
- For dressing, in another pan take some oil, add garlic flakes and fry until golden brown. Add some red chillies, salt and pepper.
- In a deep pan, take 1 liter of water,add some salt and leave it to boil. Cut broccoli into small florets.
- Blanche the broccoli in the salted water for about 2-3 minutes. Take them out and remove excess moisture from the broccoli using kitchen towel.
- Drizzle some oil over the broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- On a hot grill pan, place the broccoli florets and drizzle some oil. Leave them to grill for about 1-2 minutes and keep turning them to avoid burning.
- To serve: Serve Buttermilk chicken with Char grilled broccoli with chilli and garlic sauce and garnish with almond flakes.