TOTAL TIME: 4:40
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1 3/4 c. apple cider
- 2 packets gelatin
- 1/4 c. melted soft caramels
- 1 c. Salted Caramel vodka
- Carve the apples: Cut apples in half, down the stem. Pluck out the stem and use a melon baller to hollow out the center of each apple. Brush the insides of each apple with lemon juice, placing each apple hollow side-up in the cups of a muffin tin. Set aside.
- Make the caramel apple gelatin: Pour the cider into a saucepan. Sprinkle both packets of gelatin on top and let it sit for two minutes. You’ll notice a shimmery, ripply film on top of the cider from the gelatin. Once that happens, place the saucepan on a burner, turning it to low heat. Whisk the gelatin into the cider until dissolved, then whisk in the melted caramel. As soon as it’s combined, turn off the heat. Add vodka and stir it in.
- Pour the mixture into each hollowed-out apple. Refrigerate for at least four hours, or until firm.
- Place the apples gelatin-side down on a cutting board and cut into four wedges per apple half. Serve.