- 125 gms sugar
- 1/2 liter milk
- 4 Tbsp custard powder (vanilla flavored)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp chocolate (powdered)
How to Make Caramel Custard
- Caramelize 25 gm of sugar in a non stick pan with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Boil on a low flame for ten minutes till the sugar turns into golden brown and cool.
- Mix custard powder with 20ml cold milk (little) and keep it aside.
- Boil milk and add sugar. Reduce the flame.
- Now add the custard milk mixture to the boiling milk. Cook for 5 minutes till it thickens.
- Now add vanilla essence and remove from fire. In a separate bowl, add the caramelized sugar first.
- On the caramelized sugar, add the custard mixture and add the chocolate powder on the top.
- Cool it and refrigerate for 1 hour.