Pasta mingled with a fresh veggie mix, some tangy tomato puree and lots of cheese. Topped with breadcrumbs and baked golden.
- 200 gm any short pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach, blanched, chopped
- 1 medium size eggplant
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 cups grated mixed cheese
1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 150 gm butter, cut into cubes
How to Make Home Style Baked Pasta
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for about 9 to 11 minutes.
- Drain and lay on to a tray/plate.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat up some olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, chillies and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and eggplant and saute for 2 minutes followed by the mushrooms, olives and the spinach.
- Let this cook for 5 minutes. Then pour in the tomato puree and the cream.
- Season to taste. Take the pan off the stove and mix in the pasta.
- Then mix in half the cheese. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly topped with the breadcrumbs. Add the cubes of butter over and let it bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 160-180 degrees.