A fragrant curry brightened with black pepper. Exclude the cream if you want to make it low fat.
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 onion fried till brown and blended with little water to make paste
- Paste of 1 tsp ginger and 1 tsp garlic with 4 green chillies
- 3 Tbsp dahi / yogurt
- 1 tsp dhaniya /coriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 1/4 tsp rang mirch /paprika
- 1/4 tsp haldi / turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 250 gm paneer
- Coriander, to garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
How to Make Dum Paneer Kali Mirch
- Heat oil and add the cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon till it’s nice and fragrant.
- Now add onion paste and cook well.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chilli paste. Saute.
- Add yogurt / dahi.
- Cook and add coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, haldi and rang mirch / red chilli.
- Add salt. Cook and add cottage cheese cubes and cream as well as 1/2 cup water.
- Seal the pan with foil and put a lid on top.
- Reduce flame to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Now open it and cook further if you like to dry it up.
- Check for salt adding more if needed serve garnished with coriander and mint leaves.