Ready in under 30 minutes, this deserves a spot in your weeknight dinner rotation come winter.
TOTAL TIME: 0:20
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 c. plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. torn kale, collards, or mustard greens
- ½ c. fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. lemon zest, plus 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 oz. bucatini
- toasted pine nuts, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss together potato, onion, and 2 tablespoons oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, stirring once, until potato and onion are tender, 24 to 26 minutes
- . Meanwhile, place kale and parsley in a food processor. Pulse until chopped, 4 to 5 times. Add Parmesan, garlic, lemon zest, and juice. Pulse, scraping down the sides as needed, until finely chopped, 10 to 12 times. With the machine running, slowly add remaining 1/3 cup oil through the feed tube. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water before draining. Toss pasta with roasted vegetables, pesto, and pasta water.
- Serve topped with Parmesan and pine nuts.