- 300 gm chopped into cubes paneer
- 5 medium chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon powdered coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 4 medium finely chopped green chilli
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup shelled,boiled peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 handful coriander leaves
Clean and wash ginger, tomato and tamarind extract. Transfer all of them along with green chillies to a blender to prepare the puree.
Heat a pan with oil in it over moderate flame.
Fry the paneer pieces in that pan with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
Heat another pan with oil in it over moderate flame. Pour tomato puree into the pan and cook for a minute or two.
Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
Stir-fry the gravy until the oil starts to separate.
Reduce flame to low and cook. Once it starts to simmer, add paneer pieces and pour 2 cups of water.
Add green peas and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from flame.
Turn off the heat and transfer Paneer Butter Masala into a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and butter.
Serve hot with roti, naan, rumali roti or rice.