We’re cheesing out over this pepper jack dip.
TOTAL TIME: 0:10
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 c. heavy cream, divided
- 3 c. shredded pepper jack, divided
- Red jalapeño, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips, preferably red and green, for serving
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk until golden.
- Add 1/2 cup cream and half the cheese and stir until melted and creamy. Continue adding cheese, stirring well and adding more cream as necessary to preserve creamy texture.
- When ready to serve, pour queso into serving bowl and garnish with jalapeño and cilantro (if using). Serve with chips.