You’ll never go back to a pastry crust after this one.
TOTAL TIME: 1:15
FOR THE SPAGHETTI
- 1 tbsp. butter, plus more for baking dish
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 c. jarred marinara
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
FOR THE QUICHE
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. coarsely chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375°. Generously brush a 10-inch oven-safe skillet or 10-inch pie dish with butter and set aside.
- Make spaghetti: Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and return to pot. Add butter and stir until melted. Add marinara and cheese and stir well. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, without packing it down too much.
- Make the quiche: In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, butter, basil, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over spaghetti.
- Bake until quiche is set and no longer jiggling, 33 to 35 minutes. Heat broiler and cook quiche until the top is golden, up to 5 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with basil and serve. This quiche is delicious served warm, at room temperature, or chilled.