Orange and Basil Juice
- 2 oranges
- 6 basil leaves, fresh
- A drizzle of honey, optional
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Peal the oranges and place them in the blender along with the other ingredients.
- Blend for a few seconds and then strain into a glass. Garnish with a few basil leaves and serve.
Banana & Honey Smoothie
- 400 ml yogurt, frozen
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 10 ml water
- Peel the bananas. Put yogurt and bananas in a blender
- Add 2 tsp of honey. Add 2 tsp of pumpkin seeds. Add a dash of water
- Give it a good whisk till smooth.
- Pour in a tall cold glass.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and honey.
- 1 kg sugar
- 3 litres water
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups hibiscus-broken petal
- Dissolve the sugar in the water, not letting it come to a boil.
- When sugar is dissolved, increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the milk and continue to cook till scum forms on the sides, which you should skim off.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to cook till one thread consistency is reached.
- Turn off the heat and add the flowers, and cover immediately.
- Leave it overnight.
- Strain and store in bottles.
Badaam ka Sharbat
- 120 gm almonds-soaked overnight and peeled
- 8 green cardamoms -crushed, cooked in water and strained
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp kewda essence
- 1/8 tsp potassium meta bi-sulphite(potassium salt of bisulfate anion)
- Add a little water (enough to facilitate blending) to the almonds and blend to a fine paste.
- Strain through a fine sieve or muslin cloth and add some more water to the left-over almonds and blend and strain again.
- Make the liquid up-to 2 cups, by adding water if necessary.
- Add sugar to the strained almond liquid and dissolve over low heat.
- When it dissolves, increase the heat and bring to a boil and let the syrup cook.
- Keep skimming off the scum as it cooks.
- Cook till a drop of syrup pressed between two fingers, forms a thread (one-thread consistency).
- Add the cardamom extract and the kewda essence. Strain through a muslin cloth and cool.
- When cool, mix the potassium in a little of the syrup first and then add to the whole lot.
- Store in clean airtight bottles.
- 500 gm mango pulp
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 30 ml lime juice
- 20 gm chaat masala powder
- 5 gm crushed cumin
- Mix all the ingredients and add enough sugar and water to get the desired sweetness and consistency.
- Chill it and serve garnished with mint leaves.
Coconut Water With Lemon and Mint
- 1 coconut
- Mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Lemon
- Break a coconut & empty water in a jug.
- Scrape off coconut meat using a spoon,
- Chop it finely and add it to coconut water.
- Add mint, honey and lemon juice as well as lemon.
- Mix and stir well, serve.