Skip to content
- For Waffle
- 2 cups of refined flour Refined flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups of buttermilk
- 2 eggs separated
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extracts
- Cooking spray for waffle iron
- For Maple Nut Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 4 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp of walnuts
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda.
- Mix together the buttermilk (or buttermilk substitute) and the egg yolks. Stir in vanilla.
- Spray the waffle iron well and preheat it. Stir the wet into the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl with a whisk or electric mixer (make sure bowl and mixer are spotlessly clean) until they hold soft peaks. Stir them gently into the batter.
- Spread a ladleful or so of batter onto the waffle iron and bake until the waffle is done, usually 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your iron. Spray iron with cooking spray between waffles as needed.
- To make Maple Cream Cheese spread, simply combine nuts, syrup, whipped cream and cream cheese and mix well.
- Now put the icing and waffle layer alternatively to form a cake and cover the sides with icing.
- Leave the top without icing and top it up with maple syrup.