- For the soft center:
- Dark Chocolate confection: 1 cup (Approx 200 gms)
- Cooking Cream : 100 gms (About 1/2 a small pack)
- Coffee Powder : 1 Tsp
- A bowl of Dark Confection Chocolate for Dipping
- Note: You will need a chocolate thermometer
- For the Soft Center:
- Break your confection chocolate into pieces by hand or chop using a knife. Try to keep the size of the chocolate pieces as even as possible. Keep this aside.
- Pour cream & coffee in a bowl. Mix well and microwave till you can see the cream boiling. Now quickly add the confection chocolate pieces to the bowl and stir well till all pieces have melted.
- Let cool. Cover with a cling sheet and refrigerate overnight.
- Take out of fridge and make small balls – about 10-12 grams in weight. This will be about the size of a tablespoon.
- Place the balls onto a foil and cover with cling sheet again and let refrigerate for 1-2 hours for them to set in shape again.
- Remove balls from the fridge and leave on the kitchen counter while you melt your confection chocolate for dipping
- Break the confection chocolate into similar size pieces by hand or using a knife. Place in a glass bowl and microwave for 30-40 seconds. Remove the bowl and give the confection chocolate a good stir with a large spoon.
- Repeat the process till all confection chocolate has melted and the temperature has reached 45 degrees Celsius +- 1degree
- Place one ball on a fork. Drop it in the above molten confection chocolate. Move the ball around in the bowl, so all sides are covered. Place on a foil and move gently with the fork. We do this last part so that the truffles can get the lovely textured look.
- Let this truffle ball set for 1-2 minutes and then decorate with sugar sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and your truffle balls are ready!