- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 275ml/10fl oz chicken stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 x 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- handful dried apricots or prunes (or both), chopped
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- couscous, to serve
- natural yoghurt, optional, to serve
Put the onion, garlic and chicken stock into a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and boil for five minutes, or until reduced in volume by half.
Add the chicken, tomatoes, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and dried apricots or prunes. Return the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer very gently, stirring occasionally, for about an hour.
Make the couscous addording to the packet instructions.
Just before serving, stir the honey and coriander into the chicken and cook for a further five minutes. Serve with couscous and yoghurt.