“This recipe was inspired by chef Lars Kronmark’s granola wedges from the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone. Substitute your favorite fruit, nuts and/or seeds for the sunflower seeds and/or dried cranberries in these granola bars.”
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat flakes (see Shopping Tip)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds or chopped nuts
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spread oats, wheat flakes and seeds (or nuts) on a baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- 3Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Cook ½ cup honey in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, without stirring, until large foamy bubbles form and it starts to darken at the edges, 2 to 4 minutes. (The bubbles will start out small and increase to about ¾ inch or larger when the honey’s done.)
- 4Immediately pour the toasted oat mixture into the honey, add cranberries and salt and stir until completely coated. Quickly press the granola into the prepared pie pan using a heat-resistant spatula coated with cooking spray. Let cool for 30 minutes. Cut into wedges and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source : http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250133/crunchy-granola-wedges/