prep time: 75 mins
cook time: 30 mins
total time: 105 mins
course: Appetizer, side
cuisine: north indian
servings: 12 to 15 baby potatoes
Ingredients – measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
- 12 to 15 baby potatoes (chote aloo)
- ½ cup hung curd (hung yogurt or hung dahi) OR thick curd OR cashew curd
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ tablespoon ginger garlic paste (adrak lahsun ka paste)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi leaves (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- black salt or regular salt as required
- oil as required
How to prepare recipe
- rinse the baby potatoes well. do not peel them.
- parboil these in a pan or pressure cooker for 1-2 whistles. halve them into two.
- mix everything with the yogurt except oil.
- now marinate the baby potatoes with the yogurt and keep for 1 hour in the fridge.
- grease a pan or tray and bake the aloos with some oil drizzled for 25-30 minutes for 180 degrees C.
- sprinkle some black salt, chaat masala and lemon juice or lemon slices.
- serve tandoori aloo hot with some mint chutney.
to give a deeper red color to the tandoori aloo, add kashmiri red chili powder. for a no garlic version, simply skip the garlic in the marination