prep time: 5 mins
cook time: 10 mins
total time: 15 mins
servings: 1 to 2
- 1 medium sized garlic clove, halved
- for the avocado filling:
- 1 medium to large avocado
- 1 small to medium garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon oregano or add as required
- crushed black pepper as required
- a few drops of lemon juice
- salt as required
How to prepare recipe
- firstly slice a garlic loaf or a french bread.
- then heat a griddle or tawa. place the loaf slices on it. toast them on a low to medium flame.
- whilst the bread is getting toasted, we prepare the avocado filling. take an avocado. rinse if you want. then give a cut at the center moving around the entire avocado.
- we want the avocado in two halves. remove the seed.
- with a spoon, scoop out the entire avocado flesh, which is like butter and gets removed easily.
- place the scooped avocado flesh on chopping board and then chop.
- add the chopped avocado in a mixing bowl. also add 1 small to medium garlic clove (finely chopped or minced)
- season with 1/2 teaspoon oregano (or add as required), crushed black pepper (as required), salt and a few drops of lemon juice. the lemon juice prevents the discoloration.
- mix well and keep aside.
- once the slices are toasted, then brush some extra virgin olive on top.
- halve a garlic and rub the garlic on all the bread slices.
- now gently place the avocado filling on the toasted bread slices. if you want you can even sprinkle some red chili flakes.
- serve avocado garlic bread toast immediately.