Poha cutlet recipe – easy snack recipe of mix veg poha cutlet recipe.
- Course snacks
- Cuisine north indian
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Servings 14 to 15 cutlets
- 1 cup thick poha or approx 85 grams thick poha
- 1 large potato, approx 165 grams or ¾ cup mashed potatoes
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped or grated or ¼ cup finely chopped or grated carrots
- 4 to 5 blanched french beans, finely chopped or ¼ cup steamed or boiled green peas
- 1 small onion finely chopped or ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds (safed til)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons oil for pan frying
- salt as per taste
- take 1 cup thick poha and rinse it once or twice. then soak the poha in water just about covering them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- then using a strainer, drain all the water from the poha. the poha should get softened well but there should be no water in them. so use a strainer to drain all the water.
- steam or boil 1 large potato in a pressure cooker or steamer till the potatoes is softened and cooked really well. then peel the potato when still warm.
- mash very well with a fork or with your hands.
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped or grated carrots, 4 to 5 blanched french beans (finely chopped) or 1/4 cup steamed or boiled green peas, 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste. french beans need to blanched before you add them to the cutlets. if using green peas, then steam the green peas with the potato.
- add the poha.
- now add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder, 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, a pinch of sugar (optional) and salt as per taste. instead of dry mango powder, you can add 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- mix everything very well. check the taste and add more salt or spices if required.
- shape into small cutlets.
- heat a tawa or griddle. add 3 tablespoons oil and let the oil become hot. place the poha cutlets on the tawa.
- when one side is lightly golden and crisp, turn them over.
- turn them again when the second side is lightly golden and crisp.
- flip them a couple of times more and pan fry till the tops have become golden. the onions will also brown and thats the indication that the cutlet has cooked. do fry them on a low to medium flame.
- place the pan fried poha cutlets on kitchen paper towels.
- serve poha cutlet hot with coriander chutney, coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.
- dry mango powder – 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or add as per taste.
- white poha – red poha.