How to make hara bhara kabab recipe
hara bhara kabab recipe – kabab made from spinach, peas and potatoes nutritious as well as delicious.
- Course appetiser, brunch, Snack
- Cuisine north indian
- Servings 4
- 2 cups spinach leaves (palak)
- 2 medium size potatoes (aloo)
- ¾ cup peas (matar), fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- 2 teaspoon ginger-green chili paste, adjust as per your spice requirements
- 2.5 tablespoons besan (gram flour)
- salt as required
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil for frying the kababs, add as required
- blanch the spinach in salted water. drain and keep them in a cold water. finely chop the spinach and keep aside.
- roast besan/gram flour in a small pan till it becomes aromatic and changes its color. don’t over roast or darken the gram flour.
- steam or boil the potatoes and peas. in a bowl take the chopped spinach. grate the boiled potatoes in the bowl. add the peas & green-chili paste.
- mash the kabab mixture with a potato masher or with a wooden spoon.
- add all the dry spice powder, roasted gram flour and salt. mix the kabab mixture uniformly.
- shape into round patties and shallow or pan fry the kababs till golden brown.
- serve hara bhara kabab hot with chutney or sauce.
few tips for hara bhara kabab recipe:
1. the spice powders namely chaat masala and amchur powder can be adjusted as suited.
2. for binding instead of gram flour, corn flour or corn starch can also be used.
3. these kababs can also be baked as well as grilled. you can bake kababs at 180 degrees C which is moderate oven temperature. brush some oil on the kebabs. just place the kebabs on a tray or wired rack and bake for 20-25 mins or till the kebabs get browned from the top. you can changes the sides after 10-15 minutes of baking. better to bake both the sides.
4. if you don’t have chaat masala, then just add garam masala powder and reduce the quantity to 1/2 teaspoon.