Cheese balls recipe – easy recipe of cheese balls.
- Course snacks
- Cuisine world
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Servings 9 to 10
- 100 grams potatoes or 3 small or 2 medium or 1 large potato
- 60 grams cheese or ½ cup grated cheese tightly packed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper crushed or ⅓ teaspoon black pepper powder – add as required
- 1 pinch garam masala – optional
- 1.5 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves or parsley leaves
- 3.5 to 4 tablespoon besan (gram flour) or 2 to 3 tablespoon arrow root flour or corn starch or all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 to 3 pinches black salt or regular salt or rock salt
- boil 3 small potatoes (100 grams) in a steamer or pressure cooker or an electric cooker. boil the potatoes till they are completely cooked.
- when the potatoes become warm, peel them and mash very well in a mixing bowl. allow the potatoes to come at room temperature before you add the remaining ingredients.
- grate 60 grams cheese and keep aside. in cup measurement, the amount is 1/2 cup tightly packed grated cheese. you can use either cheddar cheese or processed cheese. if using amul processed cheese, then use 3 cubes.
- to the mashed potatoes, add 1/4 tsp black pepper, crushed or 1/3 tsp black pepper powder, a pinch of garam masala (optional) and 1.5 tbsp chopped coriander leaves or parsley leaves.
- add 3.5 to 4 tbsp gram flour/besan. you can also add 2 to 3 tbsp all purpose flour/maida or corn starch.
- mix very well.
- then add the grated cheese and two pinches of black salt. add salt accordingly as cheese already has salt. you can even add rock salt or regular salt instead of black salt.
- mix the cheese with the rest of the potato mixture very well. check the taste and add more salt or crushed black pepper if required.
- make small balls from the mixture and make one tiny ball to test while frying.
- heat oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan.
- when the oil becomes hot, add the tiny cheese ball. the temperature of oil can be from 170 to 190 degrees celsius. the oil has to be hot, otherwise the cheese balls may break.
- when the tiny cheese ball, does not break, then you can easily fry the other balls. if it breaks, then you have to add 1 to 2 tbsp besan to the mixture again. keep the same temperature while frying.
- add the remaining balls.
- with a slotted spoon, turn over when the balls get to become golden.
- fry them till they are evenly golden all over and crisp.
- remove them on kitchen paper towels.
- serve cheese balls hot with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.
1. the recipe can be doubled or tripled.
2. the potato has to be drained very well. even some moisture or water in the potatoes will make the mixture sticky