- 3 small (about 6-in.-long) ripe bananas, each cut into 6 (1-in.) slices
- 18 cocktail picks
- 5 ounces dark (85% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded dried coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
Skewer each banana slice with 1 cocktail pick and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour.
Pour water to a depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler set over medium heat; bring to a light boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Place chocolate and oil in top of double boiler and cook, stirring often, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes.
Dip 1 skewered banana slice in chocolate mixture; immediately sprinkle with a pinch of coconut and return to baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining coconut for 5 more banana slices, then with almonds for 6 banana slices, then with sea salt for remaining 6 banana slices. Freeze bites for 1 hour before serving.
- Calories per serving: 229
- Fat per serving: 14g
- Saturated fat per serving: 8g
- Cholesterol per serving: 1mg
- Fiber per serving: 5g
- Protein per serving: 3g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 25g
- Sodium per serving: 196mg
- Iron per serving: 3mg
- Calcium per serving: 26mg