Praline Apple Bundt Cake
- 1 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 apples, finely chopped
- 1 apple, shredded
- 1½ cups chopped, toasted pecans, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1½ cups powdered icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream or yogurt, oil, eggs and vanilla. Whisk in brown sugar until smooth.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and stir until combined. Stir in flour just until combined. Stir in chopped and shredded apples and 1 cup pecans.
- Pour into greased bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15-20 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted. Stir in powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. Let cool 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly before pouring over cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup pecans.
I never peel my apples when I’m baking, but you can if you want to! I don’t take any extra steps that aren’t really necessary.
Recipe by The Recipe Critic at http://therecipecritic.com/2016/09/praline-apple-bundt-cake/