- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cornstarch and gently toss to combine. Working one at a time, dip the shrimp into the eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add shrimp and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
- To make the glaze, combine honey, orange juice, orange zest, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and ginger over medium low heat. Bring to a boil, simmering until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve shrimp immediately, tossed or drizzled with honey mixture, garnished with orange zest, if desired.