- 1 butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and shredded
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine butternut squash, flour, garlic, eggs, thyme, sage and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.