- 8 slices bacon, halved
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 (16-ounce) tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 4 slices Wisconsin American cheese
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork until the desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- Working in batches, place each biscuit into the waffle iron. Close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- With a butter knife, spread avocado on each of 4 biscuits. Top with bacon, cheese and remaining biscuits.
- Place sandwiches in the waffle iron. Close gently and cook until golden brown and the cheese has just melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.