1 Kg Chicken quartered 2 (or a few small potatoes)
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder as required
Coconut sliced To be roasted and ground
6 Red Chillies
1/2 Grated Coconut- a coconut
2 teaspoons Clove
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
8 Pepper corns
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
4-5 cloves Garlic
1/2 inch Ginger
2 inchs Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Poppy seeds (Khus khus)
1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon Sesame seeds
2 Chopped onion
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon oil
- Saute the chopped onions till they turn pink.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute till the raw smell goes and the onions turn golden brown.
- Remove the onion mixture from the pan.
- Add coconut and rest of the masalas into the same pan and roast till they turn brown in colour.
- Transfer to a grinder along with the onion mixture and grind to a fine paste.
- Take another pan with chicken and add the ground paste into it.
- Add salt as required and mix well.
- Cover and cook till half done.
- Add the potatoes and coconut slices and let cook till completely done.
- Serve with rice or Roti.