Lighten up spaghetti night with lean turkey meat and fresh “zoodles.”
- Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, Parmesan, 1 garlic clove, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a bowl. Form into 12 (1 1/2″ to 2″) meatballs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, 4 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently stir in marinara. Simmer, turning meatballs occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through and sauce is thickened, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and remaining garlic and cook until just tender and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat broiler to high with rack in the top position. Sprinkle provolone over meatballs. Broil until cheese is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve meatballs over noodles topped with Parmesan.
PER SERVING: protein: 39 g; fat: 30 g; carbohydrate: 27 g; fiber: 6 g; sodium: 1,311 mg; cholesterol: 154 mg; calories: 526.