- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 100% whole grain pita round
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup fresh arugula
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper to taste
- Start by chopping the butternut squash into 1 inch cubes
- Pour the 1 cup of squash into a pot of boiling water, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender, but still firm
- Once done, drain the water and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 400F. On a baking sheet, place the pita round and spread the tomato sauce onto the pita.
- Spread the butternut squash chunks onto the pita bread evenly, and top with the sliced onions
- Drizzle olive oil over the pita, and bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and finish off by topping with fresh arugula, feta cheese, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper to taste