Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 6 SERVINGS
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (either homemade or storebought…though I highly recommend homemade!)
- 2 small cans (or 1 large can) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can baby corn, drained and chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, sliced
- ½ each red and green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ package rice noodles, cooked
Red Curry Paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp coriander
- 3 tbsp dried red chills
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 small shallots, chopped
- 1 inch piece galangal (or ginger), minced
- 1 inch piece turmeric root, minced (or 1 tsp dried turmeric)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ lemongrass stalk, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp water
- Add olive oil to a large frying pan on med-high heat. Once hot, add garlic and chicken, sauteeing for 5 min.
- Add red curry paste (you can add more or less than 2 tbsp depending on your spice tolerance…generally store-bought is far less spicy than the homemade version), then coconut milk.
- Add baby corn, broccoli florets and carrots, then saute for 3-4 min.
- Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to package directions (generally not for more than 1-2 min in boiling water).
- Add bell peppers and rice noodles to pan, stirring well to combine.
- Serve in deep bowls, garnishing with cilantro and lime.
- To make red curry paste: Roast dry spices (cumin, nutmeg, coriander) in frying pan over med-high heat for approx 1-2 min until fragrant. Remove from heat. Soak red chilis in hot water up to a minute. Blend all ingredients (including roasted spices) in a Magic Bullet or food processor. Add water as needed, but try not to add any at all if possible.