Recipe of Lomo Saltado
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Rest time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb sirloin (or tenderloin) steak, cut in thin strips
- 1 red onion, cut in thick slices
- 2 tomatoes, cut in thick slices and seeded
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups French fries
- White rice
Marinate the sirloin steak strips in the soy sauce, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper for about 15 minutes.
In a wok or a pan over very high heat, add the oil and sauté the meat for about 10 minutes. Set the marinade aside.
Add the garlic, onion, tomato, aji amarillo paste, and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the soy sauce and vinegar from the marinade and mix everything. Season with more salt and pepper.
Take off the heat, add chopped cilantro and serve immediately with French fries and white rice.