Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 2 LARGE BOWLS
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- ½ cup red cabbage, chopped
- 2 large slices grapefruit, cut in half
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup sprouts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 medium-sized tuna steak (can sub with frozen tuna steak though not as good!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½-1 tsp habanero sauce (recipe below)
- 5 habanero or scotch bonnet peppers, de-seeded
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions. I personally use a brand called Dainty Rice and their Time-Wise brown rice because it cooks like pasta and is ready in 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season tuna steak with salt, pepper and sesame seeds, making sure tuna is coated.
- Divide vegetables into two large pasta bowls. Add ½ cup of brown rice to each bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1½ tbsp olive oil in medium frying pan over high heat. Once oil is close to smoking, add tuna, cooking for about 30-45 seconds per side.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a couple of minutes before cubing and tossing with soy sauce and habanero sauce.
- Use additional soy sauce and habanero sauce for the rest of the bowl as well to taste, or add spicy mayo and enjoy!