Skip to content
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 large ripe plantain, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Canola oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1. Deep-fry the plantain and potato separately in the canola oil until golden brown.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream; add the paprika, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Place the olive oil and butter in a 10-inch sauté pan with an ovenproof handle over medium-high heat. When the butter has melted, add the onion and sauté until brown.
- 4. Add the plantain and potato to the egg mixture, then pour it into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, scraping the pan regularly so the bottom sets.
- 5. Place under a broiler until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve with a simple mesclun salad (optional).