From the American Heart Association
- 4medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄3cup nonfat sour cream or 1⁄3cup low-fat sour cream or 1⁄3cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1⁄3cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (basil, chives, thyme, marjoram, oregano, parsley, etc. any combination)
- 2tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- skim milk (optional)
- 1⁄4cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 cuppart-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Scrub potatoes with a brush; pat dry.
- Prick in several places, and bake on a baking sheet for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tender.
- Cut a 1-inch slice from the top of each potato; discard skin from slice and place pulp in a bowl.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop the pulp from each potato, leaving a thin shell; add pulp to the bowl.
- With an electric mixer on low speed or a potato masher, beat or mash potato pulp; add sour cream, herbs, and Parmesan cheese, and beat or mash until smooth (If necessary, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk to make desired consistency).
- Stuff potato mixture into shells.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon mozzarella on to each potato.
- Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.