- Here, white beans take over chickpeas to make this smoky and incredibly delicious hummus. Add in rosemary for a flavour boost.
- 2 cups white beans, boiled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- ¼ cup of olive oil, plus extra for topping
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- ½ tsp of cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Rosemary sprigs to garnish
- Oil the carrots and roast them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a food processer or blender, mix the white beans and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
- Add the carrots, cumin powder, red chilli powder, olive oil and salt, and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning.
- Finish with a drizzling of olive oil, a sprinkling of red chilli powder and rosemary sprigs on top. Serve with pita breads.