Try it you’ll like it… easily makes 2 crusts or one very thick large pizza. Great for calzones or breadsticks for dipping.
SERVINGS: 8-12UNITS US
- 2 1⁄4teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1teaspoon brown sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2cups warm water
- 3 1⁄2cups flour
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and brown sugar in the water.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir the salt, oil and italian seasoning into the yeast mixture.
- Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, dry surface and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth.
- Let the dough double in size.
- Should take about 1/2 hour if in warm spot.
- Punch down and let rest a minute.
- Roll out, and prepare your favorite pizza.
- I use a pizza stone sprinkled with a bit of corn meal.
- Once I have the dough shaped I bake it plain for about 5-10 minutes, then pull out of oven and add toppings, just seems to work better every time.
- Bake in preheated oven 425 degrees until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 20 minutes.