Taste one of the world’s best teas with a twist of mango and mint. Tip: Use ripe Alphonso mango preferably.
- 8 tsp of darjeeling first flush tea
- 4 cups of water
- 4 tsp of honey
- 1 lime for lime juice and zest
- Mango (preferably ripe Alphonso mango, peeled and sliced)
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Bring water to a boil, and then remove from fire to cool.
- Then add the tea leaves to a large pot and allow to steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain tea into a clean jug and keep in the deep freezer.
- Add honey, lime juice and zest from 1 lime to the tea.
- Add iced water (sans the ice) to the tea to make enough for 4 glasses and also to dilute the tea which would otherwise be very intensely flavoured.
- Add mangoes and mint to the chilled tea and serve in tall glasses.