Skip to content
- 12ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1⁄4cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (Reserve 1/4 cup)
- 1cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2lbs ricotta cheese
- 4large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1tablespoon dried parsley
- 8ounces spaghetti sauce (jarred or homemade)
- fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- In an 8 quart pot, bring water to a boil and cook shells for 8 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and cool immediately with cold water.
- Drain and place open side down on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of ingredients except the spaghetti sauce.
- Reserve the 1/4 cup of Mozzarella.
- Place a thin layer of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 12 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each pasta shell and place open side up, in a single layer, in prepared pan.
- Pour the rest of sauce over the stuffed shells.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, remove foil and sprinkle remaining Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil.